BBQ Snapper Parcels
with Banana Leaves from Rapid Creek Markets
• 2 large garlic cloves, peeled
• 1 red chilli
• 2 lemongrass stalks, outer layers discarded
• 1 thumb-sized piece of ginger, peeled
• 1 tbsp soy sauce
• 1 tbsp fish sauce
• 1 tsp sugar
• zest and juice of 1 lime
• small bunch of coriander
• 1 big fillet of red snapper, cut in pieces
• Enough banana leaves
• 3 bundles of bok choi
• coconut milk
• rice, lime wedges to serve
Hot Tip: I made 1 test fish parcel to check timings and heat on the BBQ, I tried baking the parcel and it took too long. So instead I placed them on the grill plate over 'protected flame' on high heat (maybe a smidge under two burners on full. You can tell what I mean in the photo gallery below. You can buy banana leaves for $2 at the Rapid Creek markets or I suppose any Asian grocer in other cities.
Have fun - they smell delicious as they are cooking :)
Leave a Reply.
Hi, I’m T.