- 125 grams butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 275 grams (1 and 1/4 cups) firmly packed brown sugar (use light brown sugar if you want.... but seriously there is so much naughtyness in these cookies already i don't see the point #ownit)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1/4 cup self raising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarb soda
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup of peanut m&m's
- 1/3 cup milk chocolate baking chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate baking chips
1. Beat butter, vanilla, sugar and egg until smooth
2. Stir in sifted dry ingredients
3. Add all the chocolates and stir through
4. Prepare baking trays by greasing, then lining with baking paper (i just brushed mine with oil) and turn on the BBQ to warm up the hood.
5. Shape chocolate mix into balls about 5 cm in diameter and flatten on the tray's, leaving about 4 cm between each cookie (you may have to do several batches).
6. Cook for 10-15 minutes in the BBQ at approx 175 degrees celcius, away from direct heat..
*As per previous baking posts, i find it best to use the two elements under the guards and place the trays on the grill and rack elements as per picture.
* You'll need to check on the temperature and adjust every 3 minutes to ensure the heat is right - with experience i know that two elements on full blast, twisted back a smidge is about 170 degrees, this works for me and my BBQ, but every BBQ is different is i suggest going lower in temperature and cooking longer if you have concerns....
*If you're using a stove i suggest cooking them for the smaller amount of time as you won't be losing heat from the oven...... say, 10 minutes.