A treat for the hungry, a mini cheese and bacon cob loaf for two.
A word of warning... it is filling, don't eat it too close to dinner time and ruin your appetite like I did.... LOL, I keep forgetting that being pregnant (yep I get the comedy of putting a bun in the BBQ) that you fill up faster and need to eat more often.... oh well, now I know for next time :)
- Splash of garlic oil or butter (your choice)
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 1/2 cup bacon, diced
- 125 grams cream cheese (Philadelphia)
- 1/3 cup of cream (thickened)
- 1/3 cup of sour cream
- 2/3 cup of shredded cheese
- 2 crusty bread rolls
1. Preheat BBQ to 150 degrees Celsius;
2. Cup the lid off the bread bun and scoop soft bread out leaving a 1 cm edge;
3. Heat oil or butter and cook the diced onion and bacon until soft and browned;
4. Remove from heat and place in a mixing bowl;
5. Add cream cheese, stir to combine;
6. Add cream, sour cream and cheese, stir to combine;
7. Add salt and pepper to taste
8. Spoon mixture into bun, place the bread bun lid back on top;
9. If using the BBQ, wrap the base in foil (loosely) leaving the top of the bun exposed;
10. Place the bun on the wire cooling rack in the BBQ to cook for 25 minutes; and
11. For the last 5 minutes of cooking place the rest of the bread in the BBQ to crisp it up.
If available to you, use the covered elements on the BBQ to prevent burning of the bun and place the bun on the cooling rack furthest away from these elements.